Belt conveyor often encounters some troubles in the working process, which affects the smooth progress of the whole production. In this article, some most common troubles and troubleshooting that are easy to appear in the working of belt conveyors are as below:
1. Abnormal Voice
Phenomenon: the sound of belt conveyor in normal operation is very small, and suddenly there is a large abnormal noise.
- Bearing damage;
- Serious eccentricity of idler;
- The failure of the coupling causes the drive device and the steering device to make a rattling noise.
- Replace the damaged bearing;
- Replace the idler;
- Replace the coupling.
2. Broken Belt
Phenomenon: the belt of belt conveyor breaks suddenly
- Normal wear and tear of belt during long-term operation;
- The blocking of large materials makes the belt tension suddenly increase, resulting in belt breaking;
- Belt breakage caused by belt tearing due to belt deviation.
- The belt conveyor shall be maintained frequently to prevent large materials from blocking the belt;
- When choosing a belt, we should choose the belt with good quality;
- Repair the damaged funnel in time to prevent the material from hitting the belt and causing damage.
3. Belt Slipping
Phenomenon: the material slipping on the belt and cannot be transported normally.
- The initial tension of the belt is insufficient, causing the belt to slip;
- There is too much dust at the tail of the belt conveyor, and the resistance is too large, resulting in slipping.
- Increase the initial tension of the belt (it can be realized by adjusting the tension device of the belt);
- Reduce the single load of belt conveyor;
- Replace the higher power drive motor.
4. Belt Deviation
Phenomenon: Belt deviation is the most common trouble in the working process of a belt conveyor. Once the belt conveyor has belt deviation, it will cause material scattering and serious wear of the belt, which will affect the normal production of the production line. In particular, severe friction between the belt and the frame will soften the belt or even cause a fire accident.
- The conveyor head, tail and middle frame is no longer in the same straight line, causing deviation;
- The installation position of the drum idlers are not correct, which causes the belt to run off at the drum;
- Belt deviation caused by improper and uneven joint of belt conveyor (often occurs at the joint of belt);
- Deviation caused by improper roller support or loose screw fixing roller support on roller support;
- Deviation caused by long-term wear of conveyor belt;
- Belt deviation caused by unbalanced load;
- Deviation caused by material impact.
- Adjust the conveyor head, tail and intermediate frame to make them in the same straight line;
- Adjust the installation position of the drum so that its axis is not only vertical to the longitudinal center line of the belt, but also parallel to the horizontal plane;
- Cut out the improperly belt joint to ensure the flatness of the joint;
- Correct the idler frame so that its error is controlled within the allowable deviation. Tighten the loose bolts;
- Strengthen the dimensional inspection of the belt, repair or replace the damaged belt in time;
- Adjust the material chute, adjust the height and size of the material, or install the material buffer device.
5. Belt Scattering
Phenomenon: the belt conveyor often scatters materials in the working process, and the reasons are various.
- Belt deviation scattering. When the belt is running, the height of belt two edges changes, and the material is scattered from the low side;
- Scattering materials at the hopper, guide chute, etc. For example, the belt conveyor is seriously overloaded or the rubber apron of the guide chute of the belt conveyor is damaged;
- Scattering material when concave belt is suspended. When the curvature radius of concave section is small, the belt will be suspended, the groove angle will be smaller, and some materials will be scattered.
- Adjust the belt deviation;
- Control delivery capacity and strengthen maintenance;
- Larger curvature radius of concave section should be used to avoid scattering materials.