Gravel is rock that is any loose rock that is larger than 2 mm (0.079 in) in its smallest dimension (about 1/12 of an inch) and no more than 64 mm (2.5 in).
Gravel is an important commercial product, with a number of applications. Many roadways are surfaced with gravel, especially in rural areas where there is little traffic. Globally, far more roads are surfaced with gravel than with concrete or tarmac; Russia alone has over 400,000 km (250,000 mi) of gravel-surfaced roads. Both sand and small gravel are also important for the manufacture of concrete.Gravel is the raw materials for construction, road, bridge and railway buiding and small gravels are also important for the manufacture of concrete.It is used for making sand from marble, limestone , basalt, quartz, sandstone. Therefore, gravel crusher is the esssential mining and construction machine.
Gravel crushing plant
Gravels are obtained mainly from rivers, alluvium, offshore areas and mine tailings such as river stone, pebble, cobble.
Gravel crushing plant is consist of several types of stone crushing and screening machine. First, vibrating feeder can feed stones evenly into primary crusher, usually it is jaw crusher . Stones after primary crushing through belt conveyor enter into impact crusher or cone crusher for further crushing. Then through the screening machine, the suitable gravel is screened out, while the unsuitable stones is back to the gravel crusher palnt for re-crushing. The size of finished gravel can be adjusted according to the customers’ requirements. The complete gravel crushing and screening plant has different capacity because of the difference of crushers you choose.
Mobile gravel crusher is used in the mobile crushing plant, it unite crushing and screening process. Vibrating feeder , belt conveyor, vibrating screen and crushing machine make up the complete mobile cruhser plant.
Large gravel deposits are a common geological feature, being formed as a result of the weathering and erosion of rocks. The action of rivers and waves tends to pile up gravel in large accumulations. This can sometimes result in gravel becoming compacted and concreted into the sedimentary rock called conglomerate. Where natural gravel deposits are insufficient for human purposes, gravel is often produced by quarrying and crushing hard-wearing rocks, such as sandstone, limestone,cobblestone, or basalt. NFLG’ portable rock crusher can meet your business needs. Quarries where gravel is extracted are known as gravel pits. Southern England possesses particularly large concentrations of them due to the widespread deposition of gravel in the region during the Ice Ages.
Multiple types of gravel have been recognized, including:
- Bank gravel: gravel intermixed with sand or clay.
- Bench gravel: a bed of gravel located on the side of a valley above the present stream bottom, indicating the former location of the stream bed when it was at a higher level.
- Creek rock: this is generally rounded, semi-polished stones, potentially of a wide range of types, that are dredged or scooped from river beds and creek beds. It is also often used as concrete aggregate and less often as a paving surface.
- Crushed rock: rock that is mechanically broken into small pieces then sorted by filtering through different size mesh.
- Crushed stone: this is generally limestone or dolomite that has been crushed and graded by screens to certain size classes. It is widely used in concrete and as a surfacing for roads and driveways, sometimes with tar applied over it. Crushed stone may also be made from granite and other rocks. A special type of limestone crushed stone is dense grade aggregate, or DGA, also known as crusher run. This is a mixed grade of mostly small crushed stone in a matrix of crushed limestone powder.
- Fine gravel: gravel consisting of particles with a diameter of 2 to 4 mm.
- Lag gravel: a surface accumulation of coarse gravel produced by the removal of finer particles.
- Pay gravel: also known as “pay dirt”; a nickname for gravel with a high concentration of gold and other precious metals. The metals are recovered through gold panning.
- Pea gravel: gravel that consists of small, rounded stones used in concrete surfaces. Also used for walkways, driveways and as a substrate in home aquariums.
- Piedmont gravel: a coarse gravel carried down from high places by mountain streams and deposited on relatively flat ground, where the water runs more slowly.
- Plateau gravel: a layer of gravel on a plateau or other region above the height at which stream-terrace gravel is usually found.
- River run gravel: naturally deposited gravel found in and next to rivers and streams.
Gravel crusher used in sand, river gravel crushing plant
Gravel crusher is a type of stone crushers that is used to crush gravel. Gravel is the raw materials for construction, road, bridge and railway buiding and small gravels are also important for the manufacture of concrete. Natural gravel has all kinds of shape and size. So it is not suitable for buiding material. Gravel crusher can crush native rock into all kinds of sizes. It is also used for making sand from marble, limestone, basalt, quartz, sandstone. Therefore, gravel crusher is the esssential mining and construction machine.
Gravel crushing plant is consist of several types of stone crushing and screening machine.
Firstly, the stone materials will be evenly entered the coarse crushing machine to proceed the primary crushing. And then the coarse materials will be entered the impact crusher by the belt conveyor to proceed the secondary crushing. And the fine stone materials will be entered the vibrating screen to produce various stone specification .And particle size which have not satisfied the requirements will receive the repeated crushing. The size of finished gravel can be adjusted according to the customers’ requirements. The complete gravel crushing and screening plant has different capacity because of the difference of crushers you choose. we will provide you the comprehensive service in the before ,during and after –sales service. According to the specific production site, we will strive to complete a most reasonable ,economic production line for our customers.
Gravel crusher manufacturer
NFLG is a famous manufacturer of rock gravel crusher in China, and supply all kinds of stone crushers, grinding machine and other mining equipments for sale. Now, our gravel crusher has been exported to many countries, such as USA, Egypt,South Africa, Mongolia, Russia,Germany, Malaysia,Pakistan, India, Iran etc.We not only supply gravel crusher, but also a series of installation and maintenance service.
And the crushing and grinding mill production line we company have produced can solve various stone crushing and grinding lines. And the equipment configure of the production line depend on the stone materials specification and application customer require.
Gravel crusher application and features
NFLG gravel crusher has excellent performance in gravel processing and. Our gravel crushers such as gravel cone crusher, gravel impact crusher, gravel jaw crusher and gravel mobile crusher also do well in other materials crushing, such as slag, construction materials, marbles, granite, limestone, gypsum, basalt, bauxite ore, pebble, dolomite, river stone, construction waste, concrete waste etc. And NFLG gravel crusher can be excellent used in various ores, cement, refractory, aluminum where soil clinker, emery, glass raw materials, mechanism building sand, stone and all kinds of metallurgical slag and other industries.
Gravel crusher is the key equipments of gravel production line. Since NFLG gravel crushers include gravel jaw crusher, gravel cone crusher, gravel impact crusher, gravel mobile crusher and VSI gravel crusher, NFLG has the key cements of gravel production line. NFLG gravel production line is made up with vibrating feeder, gravel crusher, belt conveyor and vibrating screen. You can choose the right gravel crusher you need and we will apply you the most matched assistant equipments.
Widely application. NFLG gravel crusher can be widely used in any industry that needs gravel producing. High quality. NFLG apply the high-quality materials and advanced technology in developing our gravel crushers. High efficiency and low consumption ensures you to make more profit with NFLG gravel crushers. NFLG gravel crushers are designed with better structure so the working process is fluency and less downtime. Professional services. For each gravel crusher, NFLG apply a professional team to transport, install, maintain and service at any time for you!