Limestone powder is a widely-used material in various industries, including construction, agriculture, and chemical production. To make limestone rock into powder, a grinding process is required.
This blog will share with you limestone grinding machines and problems that should be paid attention to in the limestone powder grinding plants to achieve efficient and green production.
Uses of limestone powder
|Limestone powder uses
|Coarser than 200 mesh
|Lightweight bricks, soil conditioners, etc.
|200 mesh-325 mesh
|Desulfurization powder, cement, glass, chalk, etc.
|400 mesh-800 mesh
|Rubber, plastic, sealing materials, chemicals, toothpaste, etc.
|1250 mesh-1500 mesh
|Coatings, stationery, cables, cosmetics, medicine, etc.
|2000 mesh-3000 mesh
|High-end papermaking, high-end PVC, high-end fillers, high-end silicone glue, etc.
3 types of limestone grinding machines
After crushing, grinding is an effective size reduction process to obtain limestone powder of various fineness. The popular limestone grinding mills are Raymond mill, HGM ultrafine mill, and three-ring medium-speed micro mill.
Raymond mill Get Latest Price
Raymond mill is an earlier and commonly used milling machine. It can grind rock with Mohs hardness ≤9.3 and humidity ＜6%.
The fineness of finished limestone powder ranges from 80 – 325 mesh, which can meet the fineness requirements in most industries.
In addition, with the development of technology, the structure and function of the Raymond mill have also been improved.
The specific improvements are as follows:
- Its powder separator has been changed from dragging inside the cavity to a suspended transmission outside the cavity, enhancing its stability and durability.
- The grinding rollers rotate around the central axis, maximize grinding force.
- The barrel shape protects the wind box and air ducts from being blocked.
- The electrical system adopts centralized control, which reduces labor costs.
HGM ultrafine mill Get Latest Price
HGM ultrafine milling machine overcomes the difficulty of ultra-fine powder classification better. The fineness of the limestone powder is between 80-800 mesh.
- Frequency control of powder concentrator achieves better fine powder classification effect.
- The spring pressure device can not only increase the grinding force, but also prolong the service life of the grinding ring and roller, which can effectively save maintenance costs.
- The curved air duct makes the air inlet smooth and reduces the resistance, and its direction of the internal outlet is easy to disperse micro limestone powders.
Three-ring medium-speed micro mill Get Latest Price
The three-ring medium-speed micro milling machine is named because of its design with three grinding rings. It is suitable for making fine and ultra-fine powder.
The particle size of limestone powder can be adjusted arbitrarily between 325-2500 mesh, and the output can reach 500-7000 kg/h.
- The wearing parts are made of sturdy material. That greatly extends the service life of the machine and minimizes maintenance.
- There are no rolling bearings and no screws in the grinding cavity, so a series of problems caused by damaged bearings are avoided, and machine damage caused by loose screws is also avoided.
- The finished limestone powder is much finer than that of other limestone mills. If you need superfine limestone powder, you definitely don’t want to miss this limestone grinder.
Tips for choosing a limestone grinding machine
Each limestone grinder has its own application scopes. Customers can choose according to the feed size, required fineness of limestone powder, output and so on.
The details are as follows:
|HGM ultrafine mill
|Three-ring medium-speed micro milling
2 notes on limestone grinding process
Ensuring the grinding efficiency and reducing dust pollution are the two most important aspects of limestone powder grinding.
The former is the principal factor for obtaining expected economic benefits. The latter is an important measure of protecting the environment and achieving sustainable development.
Ensure grinding efficiency
The grinder capacity is a very important factor that affects the profit. How to ensure the grinding efficiency of the grinder in the grinding process?
Control the spindle speed
When the operating power is lacking or the transmission belt is worn, the spindle speed will decrease, resulting in a decrease in the grinding speed.
Therefore, during the powder processing, it is necessary to pay attention to whether the milling machine has sufficient running power or not and replace the worn transmission belt in time.
Check the wearing parts
The wear of wearing parts such as the blade, grinding roller, and grinding ring of the grinder will also decrease the powder output rate.
Therefore, checking and replacing the wearing parts is also an important part to ensure grinding efficiency.
Check the pipes
Being not well sealed, the air duct will be blocked, causing the increase of dust. As a result, the seal of grinder needs to be checked carefully before working.
Once the air duct is blocked, stop the operation and dredge the pipeline in time.
Reduce dust pollution
As one of the most common and difficult problems in powder grinding, dust pollution can be reduced from the following aspects:
Adding an aerosol dust removal system at the inlet of the grinder is an important way to reduce dust pollution. While the amount of water needs to be controlled strictly because the grinder would be blocked if the moisture of material is more than 10%.
Pay attention to the sealing between various parts of the grinding line to prevent dust leakage.
Choose a high-quality dust collector. Dust collector affects the discharge of dust directly.
In conclusion, limestone powder grinding is an essential process in many industries and it is very important to choose the right limestone grinding machine and take the necessary precautions to ensure the process runs smoothly. By following these essentials, you can increase the efficiency of your grinding process and reduce noise pollution, dust pollution.