• Prefix “B” in model number denotes this seal.
• Exposed seal parts – Aluminum labyrinth members.
Buna-N wiping seal.
• Formed steel retainer for wiping seal.
• Moderate seal drag.
• Seals against fine material.
• Seals against pressure wash down or extremely wet conditions.
• Factory sealed design can be re-greased, to rejuvenate the grease in the bearings by removing caps or plugs and inserting grease fitting.
• Requires periodic re-lubrification when furnished as re-greaseable type idler.
• Grease leakage when purging seals.
• Wiping seal will eventually wear away.
• Seal materials may be affected by some chemicals.
Loading Point (Impact Idlers) – Normally, one-half the carrying idler spacing is recommended. For fine materials, place the idlers as close together as possible.
Convex Curves – One-half of normal spacing unless radius is small, then space closer.