The QI240 has been developed over the past two years by Sandvik’s renowned research and development program. It represents Sandvik’s mobile crusher expertise with Sandvik materials technology and manufacturing excellence.
Purpose designed to process construction materials on site, the QI240 has been developed with mobility, productivity, transportability, minimal environmental impact and user friendliness at its core. The QI240 is tangible representation of Sandvik’s commitment to servicing the growing market for the recycling of construction materials, and the production of high-quality aggregates from materials previously regarded as waste.
The QI240 utilizes market-leading Sandvik impactor technology, combined with industry-leading expertise of the mobile crusher industry. This has enabled the development of a fully mobile, compact impactor designed to work in a secondary or primary capacity, either independently, or in conjunction with other members of the Sandvik product line , to produce the highest quality materials. Although developed for the recycling of construction material, the compact design of the state-of-the-art QI240 Sandvik impactor means that it is the ideal impact crusher for smaller quarries where space and machine maneuverability are at a premium, and superb product shape and high levels of production are essential.
The QI240 features recent developments ensuring its future position as the impact crusher of choice throughout the construction industry:
- The machine is fitted with a pre- screen to ensure maximum scalping capability to prevent any undersize material passing through the impactor, thereby maximizing throughput and reducing wear costs. This also allows a specified sized product to be produced from the natural fines conveyor .
- With a choice of grizzly or punch-plate top and mesh bottom, the QI240 has the flexibility to suit any application.
- The QI240 is fitted with an underpan feeder , which drastically reduces any spillage issues generally associated with impact crushers . The underpan feeder eliminates the need for skirt rubbers that are normally fitted in the severe impact zone of a feed boot.
- The underpan feeder also protects the conveyor belt, since all of the material that is travelling at high velocity from the rotor is contained on the wear-resistant underpan feeder liners, and then gently delivered onto the conveyor belt.
- The Sandvik impactor is the most flexible impactor currently available in the market designed to meet end-product specifications.
- The two hydraulically adjustable apron curtains can be positioned to facilitate the machines operation as a Primary impactor, but can also be repositioned to operate as a Secondary impactor to produce much smaller end products.
- The above, combined with variable engine speed, produces a top speed of 30 m/s to 37 m/s, which enables the production of any product specification.
The QI240 is the latest development in a truly exciting product line. The Sandvik range of tracked crushing, screening and scalping solutions provides customer-focused solutions, regardless of industry or application. The range encompasses jaw, cone and impact crushers; three-way split screens, the world’s only range of tracked Doublescreens, triple-deck screens and scalpers.