For hydrocyclones, the troubles that often occur include abnormal super-granularity, failure to reach the cut point, unstable performance, blockage and so on. Below are 10+ troubles about hydrocyclones and the troubleshooting.
Trouble 1: Hydrocyclone Vibration Violently
- If empty suction occurs, use the suction pipe.
- Large amount of material, change the feed/hydrocyclone parameters;
- Linear layout, control entrance;
- The overflow pipe is deformed and the overflow pipe is replaced;
- Local blockage in the hydrocyclone, stop and check.
Trouble 2: low Underflow Density
- If the hydrocyclone is not fed correctly, replace the discharge nozzle/overflow pipe;
- The size of the discharge nozzle is incorrect, use the correct size discharge nozzle.
Trouble 3: Abnormal Over-Granularity
- Underflow nozzle is worn seriously, so replace the suitable underflow nozzle.
- If the feeding density is too high, check the blockage;
- Feed reverse flow, replace easy-to-grind parts.
Trouble 4: Hydrocyclone Blockage
- The mismatched material enters the hydrocyclone and checks the sieve hole.
Trouble 5: Unstable Performance
- Uneven distribution of materials, the use of the correct distributor;
- Blockage, check for blockage.
Trouble 6: Cannot Reach Cut Point
- The feed size is incorrect, replace the feed/hydrocyclone parameters.
Trouble 7: High Wear Rate
- The flow rate is too large-the pressure drops too much, change the feeding condition or hydrocyclone parameters;
- 2-stage operation / need large size hydrocyclone, change hydrocyclone parameters;
- The wearability of the incoming material is high, and the manufacturing material should be replaced.
Trouble 8: Unstable Operating Pressure
- The pump and the hydrocyclone are unbalanced, isolate the hydrocyclone to achieve a stable operating pressure or reset the pump speed.
Trouble 9: No Fan Flow is Formed.
- large coal amount and foaming coal proportion, reduce the carrying coal;
- Unreasonable pressure setting, adjust pump frequency;
- Feed pump opening small, open the valve;
Trouble 10: Underflow With Too Many Materials
- Cut off the solid feed and replace it with a large discharge nozzle;
- Check whether the discharge nozzle and feed pipe are blocked.
Trouble 11: Overflow Occurs
- The pipeline of the follow-up system is limited or blocked, and the restriction is cancelled.
- Check the angle of the line and the size of the line in the discharge area.