Hardness: hard and very brittle
Composition: MnSO4 MnCl2
Special quality: Silvery-gray metal iron
Functional use: Manganese is a silvery-gray metal resembling iron, which can be used in steelmaking, aluminium, an additive in gasoline, dry cell battery.
Manganese is a silvery-gray metal resembling iron. It is hard and very brittle, difficult to fuse, but easy to oxidize. Manganese metal and its common ions are paramagnetic. The most important manganese ore is pyrolusite (MnO2). Other economically important manganese ores usually show a close spatial relation to the iron ores.
Manganese has no satisfactory substitute in its major applications, which are related to metallurgical alloy use.
- Manganese is essential to iron and steel production by virtue of its sulfur-fixing, deoxidizing, and alloying properties. Steelmaking, including its iron making component, has accounted for most manganese demand, presently in the range of 85% to 90% of the total demand. Among a variety of other uses, manganese is a key component of low-cost stainless steel formulations. Small amounts of manganese improve the workability of steel at high temperatures, because it forms a high melting sulfide and therefore prevents the formation of a liquid iron sulfide at the grain boundaries.
- The second large application for manganese is as alloying agent for aluminium. Aluminium with a manganese content of roughly 1.5% has an increased resistance against corrosion due to the formation of grains absorbing impurities which would lead to galvanic corrosion.
- Manganese is used as an additive in unleaded gasoline to boost octane rating and reduce engine knocking.
- Manganese oxide was used in the original type of dry cell battery as an electron acceptor from zinc, and is the blackish material found when opening carbon–zinc type flashlight cells.
- Manganese compounds have been used as pigments and for the coloring of ceramics and glass.
The manganese testing is the first step of mining manganese, in which the manganese ore test machine is neccessary. After manganese tested, manganese mining and processing methods include mechanical separation, which includes ore crushing, washing, screening, gravity separation, high-intensity magnetic seperation and flotation separation, pyrometallurgy enrichment and chemical mineral processing method and so on. NFLG Machinery can design all process line and supply good quality crusher to crush manganese ore, washing machine to wash manganese ore and vibrating screen to screen .
There is a manganese production line provided by NFLG in Mexico. This production line is the whole manganese process line, which can product 100t manganese per day. NFLG design all the line and supply JC jaw crusher for primary crusher and HPC cone crusher for secondary crusher. Beside, NFLG vibrating feeder and belt conveyor is used in the line. NFLG is a professional manufacturer of manganese crushers and manganese grinding mills. If you need mining manganese, you can contact us.